To obtain an apostille or legalization certificate in Panama, you need to follow these steps:
- Ensure the document is signed by a public official whose signature is registered with the Panamanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Scan the document and visit the Panamanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website to access the online application portal.
- Complete the online application form and upload the document that needs to be apostilled or legalized for use overseas.
- Wait to receive an email confirming the appointment to obtain the apostille or legalization certificate.
- Pay the required fees for the service.
- Attend the appointment in person with the physical document and the printed confirmation email or document.
- Hand over the documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs officials at the appointment.
It should be noted that the processing time for acquiring an apostille or legalization certificate in Panama can fluctuate, thus it is recommended to allocate sufficient time for the procedure to be finished prior to utilizing the document overseas.
Apart from the Panamanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, there are other entities in Panama that have been authorized to grant apostille certificates, including the Judiciary of Panama.
If you are unable to apply for an apostille or legalization certificate in Panama, we can provide courier services to obtain the apostille or legalization for your documents in Panama.