If you are applying for a Panamanian ID card for the first tiime, understanding the process and requirements is crucial.
- To initiate the application process, it is important to schedule an appointment. Visit the website of the Electoral Tribunal of Panama to book an appointment at your convenience. This step helps streamline the service and reduces waiting times at the Panama Electoral Tribunal offices.
- On the day of your appointment, visit any regional or district office in the country that provides photo services for ID card applications. Ensure you bring a copy of either your mother’s or father’s ID card.
- If you possess a Panamanian youth ID card, there is no need to provide a copy of your parents’ ID cards.
- You can access the ID card application service at various regional or district offices across the country that offer photo services.
- The service of applying for a national identity card for the first time is free of charge. There are no fees associated with the application process. This only applies to Panamanian citizens.
By following these steps, scheduling an appointment, providing the necessary documents, and visiting a regional or district office with photo services, you can successfully apply for a new ID card in Panama. Be sure to arrive prepared and consider the operating hours of the specific office you plan to visit.
If you are a Panamanian citizen and are not fluent in Spanish, we can provide simultaneous or consecutive interpreting services during your application process in Panama.