If you are a permanent resident in Panama with an ID issued by the National Migration Service of Panama, you can apply for a permanent resident card from the Electoral Tribunal of Panama.
The requirements are as follows:
- Request a letter from the National Migration Service of Panama, confirming your right to obtain the permanent resident card from the Electoral Tribunal of Panama. This card is essential for various government procedures in Panama. Moreover, this identity document also facilitates foreign senior citizens in receiving discounts at different businesses in Panama
- In the application, attach a letter, copies of the passport, passport registration, permanent resident card, two passport-sized photos, and the resolution granting permanent residence.
- Update information if the card or passport has expired, using the current immigration card and valid passport.
- You can complete this process with the assistance of a licensed Panamanian lawyer.
Once you have completed the procedure with the National Immigration Service of the Republic of Panama, you will receive the corresponding document. Afterwards, you can request an appointment at the Electoral Tribunal of Panama and bring the following documents:
- Resolution granting permanent residence.
- Two photocopies of the permanent resident card issued by the Panamanian National Immigration Service.
- Passport for possible verification.
One of the advantages of having a permanent resident card from the Electoral Tribunal of Panama (previously known as E cedula) is that you can receive discounts in Panama, especially if you are a senior citizen.
We provide the expertise of a Panamanian lawyer, as well as simultaneous translation services for customers who do not speak Spanish in Panama.
If you need assistance with these procedures, please inform us by phone at +507 6290-3468 or by email at email@example.com.