An owner in a horizontal property regime shall have at least the following rights
- To receive information related to the condominium from the Board of Directors and/or the administrator within the time limits established by this Law and whenever necessary.
- To submit petitions to the Board of Directors or the administrator and receive prompt responses and/or solutions.
- To use, enjoy, and benefit from the common and private areas, with no other limitations than those established by this Law, its regulations, the Co-Ownership Regulations, and the Rules of Use.
- To receive a physical and/or digital copy of the Co-Ownership Regulations and the Rules of Use from the Board of Directors and/or the administrator. In case additional copies are needed, they will be at the owner’s expense.
- To participate with a voice in Owners’ Assembly meetings and exercise the right to vote when entitled.
- To receive a copy of the minutes of the Owners’ Assembly and certifications of the minutes of the Board of Directors for matters related to the real estate unit or the common areas of the property when requested.
- To receive certificates of good standing within a term not exceeding three calendar days when requested.
- To be treated with dignity and respect by other owners and/or residents, administration personnel, and other individuals associated with the operation of the building.
- To become a member of the Board of Directors or any supporting committee of the condominium.
- To receive confidential treatment regarding matters related to their private life or intimacy. The management shall ensure that the handling of technological security tools, images, and information obtained through these means shall be disclosed only upon the request of competent authorities or the affected owner for acts of willful misconduct, fault or negligence committed against the law and/or the Co-Ownership Regulations or use of the real property.
- Any other rights granted by this Law and its regulations.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with a bilingual real estate lawyer in Panama, please let us know.