Panama is a country with a rich culture, history, and natural beauty, offering visitors a wide range of things to do and places to explore. Here are some of the best things to do in Panama:
- Visit the Panama Canal: One of the most famous landmarks in Panama, the Panama Canal is a marvel of engineering and a testament to human ingenuity. You can take a tour of the canal and learn about its history and operation.
- Explore the Casco Viejo: This historic district of Panama City is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is full of colonial architecture, boutique shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Relax on the beaches: Panama has many beautiful beaches, such as Bocas del Toro, San Blas, and Santa Catalina, where you can swim, surf, and sunbathe.
- Visit the indigenous communities: Panama has several indigenous communities, such as the Kuna Yala, Emberá-Wounaan, Kuna de Madungandí, Ngäbe-Buglé and Kuna de Wargandí, where you can learn about their culture, traditions, and way of life.
- Hike in the national parks: Panama has several national parks, such as Soberania, Chagres, and Darien, where you can hike, birdwatch, and explore the rainforest.
- Take a boat tour to Isla Taboga: This picturesque island is just a short boat ride from Panama City and offers a laid-back atmosphere, beautiful beaches, and delicious seafood.
- Experience the nightlife: Panama City has a vibrant nightlife scene, with numerous bars, clubs, and casinos to choose from.
- Visit the BioMuseo: Designed by renowned architect Frank Gehry, the BioMuseo is a museum that showcases the biodiversity of Panama and its role in the world’s ecosystem.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Panama. The country offers something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, culture, nature, or adventure.
If you need to hire a Spanish language interpreter please contact us.