If you are married to a Panamanian national and wish to apply for a temporary residence permit based on your marriage, the following requirements must be met:

  • Power of Attorney (notarized) and Application. The power of attorney must include the name and nationality of the applicant’s parents.
  • Three (3) photographs
  • Copy of passport (notarized)
    Criminal record certificate (apostilled or legalized)
  • Certificate of good health.
  • Certified check for U$250.00 in favor of the National Treasury.
  • Personal background affidavit form.
  • Marriage Certificate issued by the Civil Registry
  • Birth Certificate of the Panamanian Spouse, issued by the Civil Registry
  • Birth Certificate of Panamanian children, if any, issued by the Civil Registry
  • Copy of the Panamanian spouse’s identity card, certified by the Electoral Tribunal
  • Notarized letter of responsibility and repatriation of the Panamanian spouse.
  • Document that proves the marital domicile (lease contract, title deed or receipt of public services that proves the domicile)

If you require the assistance of an attorney to submit your application for provisional residency in Panama, or if you need a document translated into Spanish, please do not hesitate to contact us.