An unmarried status certificate is issued by the Panamanian civil registration office. Basically, this document certifies that there is no current marriage registered in the name of the future spouses (groom and bride). This type of certification is issued along with the birth certificate of each of the parties.
- The list of the requirements for marriage must be issued and stamped by the person authorized to solemnize the marriage.
- Fill out the application form for a certificate of freedom to marry or certificate of non-impediment
- Single status certificate must indicate that its period of validity is three months or 90 days
- Single status certificate: US$20.00
- Single status certificate for marriage purposes in Panama: Free of charge
If you need to translate a certificate of single status and to obtain an apostille for use abroad, please contact us.